Thursday, December 17, 2009

Lady Gaga

I am part of this speech team group that is called radio news and I was researching some of the biggest things in entertainment since the beginning of the school year. Of course, the first thought in my mind was the Kanye West’s Taylor Swift VMA award attack but then I was looking back at the award show and remembered Lady Gaga’s unusual performance of her hit “Paparazzi.” I figured that it was another good subject to look up so I started researching it. For those of you who haven’t seen this performance that can only be described as something Lady Gaga would do. This means very abnormal costumes, all in white, that cover as little of the body as possible and anything else that could possibly be described as abnormal. I found an article from before the VMAs where Lady Gaga was explaining the theme for her performance. I thought it was very strange that she was not only ending the performance with a death but with the way she believes she will die. Below is the live performance and you will probably wonder the same thing I did after seeing it and hearing her statement about the performance; what the heck?!? Like seriously??? You can probably guess just from my response that it is a pretty strange way to die. It makes you think what kind of sick mind would actually want to die in such an awful manner. Perhaps she does not want to die in this exact manner but according to the article she seems to think that is how her last minutes are going to be spent. I have often admired Lady Gaga for her confidence and bravery for some of the berserk outfits she has worn out in public, but now I wonder just exactly how stable is she??? She does have some crazy ideas in her head and I guess that is what makes her so great and such a success. People admire her for her ability to go out into the public eye in the things she does, but truthfully you would never catch any of them in any of the things she wears! There and my admiration comes from a desire to be as open as she is, to be able to not give a darn if she ends up on the best or worst dressed list, she is often on either one of the other, and never feel the need to back down! You go, Lady Gaga.

No comments:

Post a Comment